Sunday, October 29, 2023

Top Five News Sources

Multiple news outlet logos
    My top source of information is Instagram. I scroll through Instagram multiple times a day, and on my feed, I see lots of posts about breaking news, current trends, and information that is of interest to me. I follow a lot of different news organizations on Instagram such as NBC's Today Show, ABC News, People Magazine, and E! News. I love how all of these organizations have a link in their bio that has more information on each story they post about. The posts are normally brief and give basic information, so I find the links helpful for when I want more information on a story. I also like how on Instagram I can very quickly scroll through posts and pass the ones I am not interested in but also find more information on the stories that do interest me. 

    My another one of my top sources of information is ABC's World News Tonight with David Muir. I tend to have more free time at night, and I really enjoy watching nighttime news broadcasts as a way to end my day. I have watched World News Tonight for years with my family. We play it almost every night around dinnertime when I am home. I specifically love watching this show when I am with my family because it gives us the opportunity to discuss current events and breaking news. 

    I also get a receive a lot of information and news from Today Show broadcasts. I have always been a huge fan of the Today Show because I love that they discuss both hard and light news. Although I do listen to the hard news stories, I the entertainment aspect of the Today Show is my favorite because I love learning about the latest trends, celebrity news, fashion advice, and all of the other topics that they cover. I love how the hosts of the show really engage their audience, no matter what topic they are discussing. I often find that I enjoy listening to segments on topics I normally would not be interested in simply because of how engaging the hosts are. I typically tend to watch recordings of the show instead of watching it live because, as I previously stated, I have more time and energy at night.

    Another source of information that I utilize often is Wikipedia. I like to use Wikipedia for looking up quick and basic information. I do not like to use it for important and specific information that I would reference in something like a research paper because I know there are more reliable sources out there. I love that Wikipedia has information on almost every topic that you can think of and that it is constantly being updated. I also like how in Wikipedia articles, information is normally divided into sections. This makes it easier to read and helps me search for the information I need.

    My last source that I use is The New York Times website. This is not a source that I view everyday, but I periodically visit the site to either look for information on a specific story I am interested in or to just browse current events. I like viewing this source because of how credible it is. The New York Times has an incredible reputation, and I know that the information they put out is accurate.

The New York Times

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post

My Background with Technology and Social Media: Growing up, my parents were very cautious when it came to me using the internet and technolo...